Need more leg room? Tired of being cramped up for hours of driving and not being able to stretch out? Here’s a great solution for you or anybody else that’s not, shall we say, “vertically challenged” – a seat base adaptor plate. The Iowa Custom’s Seat Base Adaptor can move your seat back, giving you up to 7-1/2” of additional leg room, which is adjustable in 1-inch increments. The added room makes entering and exiting your semi easier, too! The adaptor is offered in several different widths to accommodate different seat base sizes and is available in several different finishes and colors to accommodate your taste and the look of your truck. Finally, the seat base adaptor plate is designed for the “Do-It-Yourself” driver/owner. Each adaptor is manufactured in the USA and made to match your specific brand of seat, making all of the holes line up for ease of installation. Just grab a few tools, and in no time, you will have your aftermarket seat installed!
1) First, you will need to remove the mounting bolts in your existing seat, disconnect the seatbelt and seatbelt tethers, and disconnect the air supply line to your seat. You may also have electric supply to your seat if you have a massaging seat, etc.
2) For this step, you will likely need some help from a buddy. Remove the seat from the truck.
3) Place and secure the Iowa Custom’s seat base adaptor to the cab floor with the supplied countersunk bolts.
4) Now, hopefully you didn’t send your buddy home yet because you’ll probably want him around for hoisting your seat back into the cab! We recommend applying some masking tape or something similar to the bottom of your seat base to keep from scuffing the top of the seat base adaptor while you are putting the seat in or adjusting from setting to setting.
5) Place the supplied bolts through the bottom of your seat base into your seat base adaptor. We recommend putting your bolts in loosely and then sitting in the seat and checking to see if you like the setting before tightening everything down.
6) Reconnect your seat belts, seat belt tethers, and air lines. Test your air controls to verify everything works properly, and then enjoy all that extra leg room!
This product will allow you to move your seat back, away from the steering wheel, and eliminates the need to drill any new bolt holes in the floor of your cab. Check out more cool parts for your big rig from Iowa Customs (and plenty of other manufacturers) at www.4statetrucks.com – home of the chrome shop mafia!